What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy is the science of how food and nutrients support optimum health and alleviate a range of health concerns.
Our nutritional therapists adopt a holistic approach which doesn’t just deal with the symptoms you may have been experiencing. We acknowledge that your body is a complex, interrelated network of ‘systems’. We work on the basis that lack of function in one system may be due to other systems which are not performing at their best. We use any symptoms as ‘clues’ to uncover the root cause of health issues and gain an understanding of how your body may have been disrupted.
Taking this investigative approach, along with the use of diagnostic tests (if necessary), allows us to create a targeted strategy to re-balance and restore functionality across the whole body. It is tailored to the individual, recognising that everyone is biochemically unique in their nutritional needs.
How does it work?
All new clients begin with a 90-minute initial appointment which includes:
- A discussion about your medical and health history.
- Reviewing your current and historical diet and your goals.
- Reviewing any existing test results.
- Preliminary dietary advice.
- An indication of what your individually tailored programme will look like.
We then conduct a detailed analysis, which takes your priorities into account, this forms the basis of your programme.
The second appointment is 4-6 weeks from the initial consultation and lasts 1 hour. At this time we:
- Review progress and your response to the programme.
- Give further nutritional advice.
- Explain test results (if taken).
What can Nutritional Therapy help with?
There are a whole host of conditions that can be helped with simple changes to diet and lifestyle: